Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Love letter to my friends :)

Happy Birthday my loves :)
My friends birthdays got me thinking about a lot. This is part of the last months that I will be living in Vegas. And I hope that I leave Vegas with many loved ones in my heart. I hope that they all know how speacial they are to me and how they have helped me become the person that I love.
Anita has given me words and theories to articulate my pain, fears and loves. She has supported and motivated me to finish my undergraduate degree even when it felt impossible. She has given me the words from Gloria, Cherrie, and Yosso. So that I don't feel so alone.
 Nolito has shown me how to be me even if my jokes don't make sense to everyone. He has given me the courage to speak when I thought my words might not be valued. I owe my Vegas crew my heart because they have taught me to heal, love and to forgive. They are the reasons why I fell in love with activism.
Thank you Anita, Nolo, Joanna, Claudia, Adan, Jasmine, Jose Manuel, Kenia, Maria G, Maria C, Karina, Hugo, Destiny, Jairo, Fatima, Gracie, Justin, Jorina, Jenni, Danielle, and to the many more people who have helped me in developing my self.

2 comments:

xicanamama said...

I love this! I'm so happy to be part of a beautiful feminist familia! This post also makes me anxious about you and jovis leaving vegas. I know i don't get to see you often, but when i do, you're a relatively short distance away. while i know this move will be excellent for both of you, I am sad that the physical distance between us will grow but happy to know that our friendship has no borders :D love you boo :)

Chanclita (Irina) said...

Aw, i know that is true :( but maybe we could meet in Vegas if Joanna decides to go to Arizona?? Ah, we will figure out something cause you know we can't be away from each other for too long, lol.